This tag was created by ReadLikeWildfire and Beccathebookreviewer, and basically what you have to do is write down 30 character names on pieces of paper, put them in a bowl/cup/jar/black hole, and then choose two at random for every question. There are 15 questions in this tag, and your job after you’ve picked your two champions, is to decide which one of them is the most suitable for the question/situation, and which one isn’t “good enough”.
It probably sounds more complicated than it is and if you don’t quite get it yet, I think you will. So let’s get to it. :) I personally really like these types of tags, and I hope you do too.
1. You only have one more spot on your Spelling B team, who would you pick to complete your team?
Nina Zenik (Six of Crows) OR Alex Fierro (The Hammer of Thor)
Okay, I’m usually 100 % against cheating, but let’s be real, Alex could totally turn into a horse fly and take a peek at the correct answers. So Alex it is! Nina can sit in the audience and make our opponents’ hearts race, though. Hehehe…
2. Both characters want to kill you, which one would you kill first so you have a better chance of surviving?
Wylan Van Eck (Six of Crows) OR Ronan Lynch (The Raven Cycle)
It’ll have to be Ronan. Sure, Wylan knows his way around some dangerous stuff, but if Ronan really wanted me dead…damn.
3. You’re on the bachelor/bachelorette an you’re down to these two characters, which one are you going to give your rose too?
Dolores Umbridge (Harry Potter) OR Blue Sargent (The Raven Cycle)
Obviously Dolores Umbridge…..
…..can get the hell out of here and leave Blue and I to live happily ever after.
4. You’ve been chosen for the Hunger Games, who would most likely volunteer in your place?
Voldemort (Harry Potter) OR Kaz Brekker (Six of Crows)
Oh dear. Is my name Inej, because that’s the only scenario where Kaz would sacrifice himself for me. Still, that’s more likely than Lord “only I can live forever” Voldemort saving me, so I guess I’ll have to put my trust in Dirtyhands Brekker.
5. You’re stranded on an island. Which character would you sacrifice to engage in cannibalism?
Lila Bard (A Darker Shade of magic) OR The Dragon (Uprooted)
Don’t get me wrong, I love them both, but I would eat Lila if it came down to it. If the Dragon were there, though, we wouldn’t have to turn to cannibalism in the first place. He could probably just transform a leaf into a three course meal or something with his magic.
6. You’re the next DC/Marvel superhero (with your own tv show of course), who is your sidekick?
Todd Hewitt (Chaos Walking) OR G (My Lady Jane)
I think G, being able to turn into a horse and all that, would probably be the most useful sidekick. Todd is also more the hero type in my opinion.
7. You’re a manager of an Avocado admiring company, who would you fire for lack of communication skills?
Victor Vale (Vicious) OR Lady Jane Grey (My Lady Jane)
Probably Jane. She has a bad habit of interrupting people when they’re trying to tell her something important….and then draws her own conclusions. Like thinking someone is a “ladies man”, when really he is a horse who writes bad poetry.
8. You’ve just finished a book in which your favorite character dies, which character is most likely to comfort you?
Bovril (Leviathan) OR Patroclus (The Song of Achilles)
Haha, oh the irony…
But yeah, Bovril, being a perspicacious loris, would know exactly what I’d need to hear.
9. Ugh, it’s high school. Who would most likely be part of the popular clique?
Persephone (The Raven Cycle) OR Iko (The Lunar Chronicles)
That’s easy, definitely Iko. I love Persephone, but she’s not the type of person who’d gain popularity with a more mainstream crowd (not that she’d care).
10. The day has arrived; you’re finally a year older! Who would have the nerve to forget your birthday?
The Mayor (Chaos Walking) OR Annabeth Chase (Percy Jackson)
The Mayor would totally be the ass who forgot my birthday, but to be honest I would just be grateful. He can disappear somewhere and forget that I ever existed at all.
And then die.
11. You’ve just found an upcoming booktube star? Who would it most likely be?
Nico di Angelo (Percy Jackson) OR Aristotle (Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe)
Can they please have a booktube channel together? Or one each with Will and Dante in them? That’d be amazing.
12. Sleepover time! Unfortunately you can only invite one person, who would you invite?
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles) OR Lord Akeldama (Parasol Protectorate)
Definitely Lord Akeldama! Not a boring moment with him around, and imagine all the juicy gossip! No offense, Cinder.
13. Bam, you’re pregnant. Who’s the father/mother?
Apollo (Percy Jackson) OR Sazed (Mistborn)
Sazed would probably be a great father, but he’s a bit old for me, and to be honest, looking at Apollo’s track record, he’s the most likely candidate.
14. You’ve just written a super important text. Who would ‘see’ it, but not reply?
Dumbledore (Harry Potter) OR Cress (The Lunar Chronicles)
Are you kidding me? Cress would answer immediately while…
So yeah…definitely Dumbledore.
15. You’ve just woken up and it’s time for breakfast. Your mum’s been replaced by..who?!
Death (Discworld) OR Blitzen (Magnus Chase)
Oh dear, imagine waking up to find Death and Blitzen making you breakfast. Can they both be my parents, pretty please?
And that was all! I hope you enjoyed it, and as usual, I tag anyone who want’s to try it out for themself. :)