Last year, I did this really fun tag created by IsThatChami and BeccaTheBookReviewer (though their video is no longer available), called the You’re Not Good Enough Book Tag. In fact, I thought it was so much fun that I’ve decided to do it again, but this time with my own scenarios! :)
You can find my answers to the original questions as well as the rules of the tag here, but in short, the point of this whole thing is to decide which one out of two randomly chosen characters is best suited for a certain scenario. How you wish to select your champions is up to you, but one pretty fool-proof method is to simply write down 30 names on scraps of paper, throw them into a mug, and then pull them out two at a time. Just a suggestion, though. :)
But without further ado, let’s just get to it. :)
1. I can hear the church bells ringing. Who will help you plan the wedding?
Hearthstone (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard) OR Citra Terranova (Arc of a Scythe)
I’m not entirely sure about Citra to be honest, but I would trust Hearth with my wedding. No striped scarves, though…
2. You’ve just booked a trip to Hobbiton in New Zealand! Who do you trust to water your plants while you’re gone?
Jesper Fahey (Six of Crows) OR Gaia (The Heroes of Olympus)
I think this is the only scenario where I would actually choose Gaia. I’d be slightly worried she’d turn my precious flowers into monsters while I was gone, though.
3. You’re the casting director for a new production of The Phantom of the Opera. Who do you cast as the Phantom?
Opal (The Raven Cycle) OR Queen Levana (The Lunar Chronicles)
Levana sure has a certain flair for the dramatic, but I’m not gonna lie, it would be hilarious to see Opal as the Phantom. Sweet, paper eating Opal.
4. It’s your first day of college! (exciting times!) Who turns out to be your new roommate?
Gilbert Blythe (Anne of Green Gables) OR Deryn Sharp (Leviathan)
I love Deryn, no question about it, but I would be insane not to go with precious doctor boy Gilbert Blythe.
5. Oh no! You’ve just been kidnapped! As they pull off your blindfold, a chair turns around in proper villain fashion. Who’s sitting there?
Unnamed character (The Themis Files) OR Monty Montague (The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue)
Most definitely the unnamed character since he’s super untrustworthy and mysterious. Monty is too busy running across courtyards naked in any case.
6. Daniel Craig has sipped his last Martini. Who’s the next 007?
Holland (Shades of Magic) OR Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter)
Holland is probably the best and most traditional choice for the role, but don’t pretend you wouldn’t rather watch Luna face off baddies in those wicked glasses of hers.
7. Which character is the Zelda/Peach to your Link/Mario?
Viola Eade (Chaos Walking) OR Carswell Thorne (The Lunar Chronicles)
I don’t think either of these characters need saving necessarily, but Thorne would probably be the one to appreciate it the most. I’d just allow him to feel heroic too for a second and it would be alright.
8. Donald Trump has finally crawled back to the swamp from which he came. Who will replace him as president?
Inej Ghafa (Six of Crows) OR Kady Grant (The Illuminae Files)
Damn it, can’t it be both? Oh well, I guess….Kady for president! She’s more the leader type anyway.
9. ”Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he vanished.” Who’s the avatar?
Vincent Couture (The Themis Files) OR Professor Lupin (Harry Potter)
I would trust Vincent to bring balance to the world.
10. Both of your kidneys are screwed. Which character will give you one of theirs?
Gansey (The Raven Cycle) OR AIDAN (The Illuminae Files)
Well, AIDAN doesn’t technically have a kidney to spare, but luckily for me, I don’t think Gansey would hesitate.
11. Who’s America’s Next Top Model?
Solovey (The Winternight Trilogy) OR Magnus Chase (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard)
Can we change it to America’s Next Top Horse Model? Because I can definitely imagine Solovey striking a fierce pose. Sorry Magnus, you’re pretty, too.
12. You’ve had the same haircut for the last 10 years and it’s time to change it up. Who’s your hairdresser?
Agnieszka (Uprooted) OR Juliette Ferrars (Shatter Me)
If you’ve read Restore Me, you might understand why I wouldn’t want Juliette and hair cutting appliances anywhere near me, but let’s be real, would Agnieszka really be a better option?
Oh what the hell, Juliette it is! I did want a change after all.
13. You’re going on a 24 hour road trip. Who’s riding shotgun?
Magrat Garlick (Discworld) OR Elliot (In Other Lands)
My son Elliot! I mean, he’s a pain, but still!
14. Who will be the next Disney princess?
Cardan (The Folk of the Air) OR Colin Greenmantle (The Raven Cycle)
Get ready to wear that crown, Cardan.
15. You just snuffed it! (you really should have remembered to look both ways). Who shows up to reap your soul?
Kelsier (Mistborn) OR Mr. Darcy (Pride and Prejudice)
Kelsier, hands down.
And that was all! I hope you enjoyed this little addition to the tag, and, as per usual, you’re very welcome to try it out for yourself. :) Have fun!