I’m pretty sure that all of you are well aquainted with the fact that there are some pretty darn lovely book covers in the world. This in itself isn’t a problem (no problem at all)…until you have to choose one out of many different, but equally gorgeous, editions.
For a while now, I’ve been planning on getting my hands on a copy of Jane Eyre and Pride and Prejudice, and the other day, as I was trying to find the perfect edition, I sadly found myself in the situation mentioned above.
Well, let’s just take a look at the ones I’m thinking about buying (that I would actually be able to purchase. There are some I would kill for, but are depressingly out of reach)….
My favourite ones are the red edition of Pride and Prejudice, and the blue one of Jane Eyre, but here’s the issue….I want them to match.
So, should I buy…
1. …the first ones (Barnes & Noble Leatherbound Classics)? I like them both very much, though Jane Eyre a bit less than Pride and Prejudice. A plus is that they would match my copy of The Complete Sherlock Holmes.
2. …the second ones (Penguin Drop Caps)? I LOVE Pride and Prejudice…but don’t particularly like Jane Eyre. Major plus is that the edges are the same colour as the front, which I absolutely adore.
3. …the third ones (Penguin Classics Couture Deluxe Editions)? I am IN LOVE with Jane Eyre. I love love love it, and Pride and Prejudice, while not my favourite, is really nice as well. They have deckled edges and cool illustrations….but they’re in paperback.
4. …different editions? This would pain me, but I think I would be able to live with it.
5. …more than one copy of each? I don’t think this is an option, but still.
You see my problem?
I think I’m leaning towards either option 1 or 3 at the moment, but I just can’t decide…..
All the sighs….
What do you think? Do you ever have this problem? Tell me down in the comments. :)