In many ways, these shelves contain my “banished” books. All the books whose covers I don’t like, or the ones that isn’t hardcover, I take to my dad’s place. Yeah, sounds kind of sad, but I rather have one bookshelf I really love, than two that both feel messy.
So here you have my banned books.
(Sorry about the mess)
Let’s start in the corner :). Here you have my beloved Vampire Academy-series <3. The main reason why they didn’t qualify for my bookshelf at mum’s, is because a) The Swedish covers are to colourful for my taste, b) they aren’t hardcover and c) I have different editions. This drives me insane! I have the first five in Swedish + the fifth in English (US) and the sixth in English (UK). If I could choose, I would like to have them all in the UK covers, but I really can’t buy five books I already have, when there are other books I want more. :(
Gaah, the Swedish covers are too much..the same. :(
Here I have:
- A swedish thriller by a guy called Marcus Nordin. I honestly haven’t read this yet because I’m not a fan of thrillers. Yeah, sucks to live in Sweden. That’s basically what we are good at.
- The Cold Moon, by Jeffery Deaver. Haven’t read this either :/. Got it from my brother a couple of years ago. Sorry :/
- Confessions of a Shopaholic, Shopaholic ties the Knot, Shopaholic and Sister, Shopaholic and baby and Mini Shopaholic, by Sophie Kinsella. I got these for my trip to Thailand and found myself enjoying them more than I thought I would :). Some parts are way too embarassing and you obviously want to slap her sometimes, but still :).
- The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared, by Jonas Jonasson. I read this recently for school.
- Shadowland, Ninth Key, Reunion, Darkest hour, Haunted and Twilight, by Meg Cabot. Oh, my lovelies.
- City of Ashes, by Cassandra Clare
- The Magician’s Nephew, by C.S Lewis. I am embarassed to confess..that I have yet to read Narnia. I know!
- Jonas, by Eden Maguire. Haven’t read this either :/. Got it for Christmas when it came out and I never felt like reading it.
- Marley and Me, by John Grogan
- Molly Moon’s Incredible Book of Hypnotism, by Georgia Byng. Recommend this one to everyone 6 and up :).
- Undomestic Goddess, by Sophie Kinsella
I also have Pandemonium, by Lauren Oliver, but I’m currently reading that…kind of.
As you might see, I don’t have these in the same size..bummer :/.
And I just right now found out about THIS:
“But I’m definitely adding a 7th installment to the Mediator series (though it’s not written yet, so don’t expect it anytime soon)! Sometimes inspiration hits when and where you least expect it”
Meg Cabot wrote it herself HERE
Oh My God, yes PLEASE!
This is my almost complete selection of the Black Stallion-series, which I got from a guy-friend’s mum when I was about 7 or 8. As you can see from the bookmark, I haven’t finished it yet, but I plan to.
Here I have:
- The Awakening, The Struggle, The Fury, The Reunion, Nightfall and Shadow Souls, by L.J. Smith
I….haven’t finished these either. I feel so ashamed right now.
I promise I don’t usually buy books just because I like the covers, but I’m afraid that’s the case when it comes to Vampire Diaries. I bought all these before I had even started the first one, and then I realized I didn’t like them so much :(. I do plan on reading them sooner or later, but it may take a while..
So, that’s it. ALL of my books :). I think I have to go sit in the corner and think about the books I haven’t read yet…
Or, I could just go out for a walk in the sunshine and then keep reading Scarlet ;)